Monday, June 27, 2011

Gybe ho!

In case you were wondering why things have been quiet lately, the reason was my spending last week down in Vancouver. I was on a radiology course during the mornings but had the afternoons free to go sailing out of Eagle Harbour Yacht Club in West Vancouver. I had great weather although the wind was a little light the first two days. Eagle Harbour Yacht Club's claim to fame was that it was used for on-location filming of the movie Charlie St Cloud with Zac Efron.


This is my coach, Lindsay, who, as it turns out, is young enough to be my daughter. She put me through my paces. We sailed double handed Pirates on the first three days including a blustery Wednesday when I managed to capsize us after over-hiking on a close-hauled course. On the final day I took out a single handed Laser which I thoroughly enjoyed while Lindsay shouted out instructions from the coach launch.


This is a photo of a Pirate at Eagle Harbour but not of us as I had to leave my camera and phone behind at the clubhouse. By the end of the week I passed my Whitesail III qualification which means I can now skipper my own sailboat!

No comments:

Followers