Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Best Breakfast Ever

One of the highlights of cub camp was the canoeing. After a brief lesson, two cubs set out in each canoe with the leaders supervising from their own canoes. There was the odd collision but no capsizes. The wind got up a bit at one point but was thankfully blowing to shore. Nevertheless, one cub canoe strayed out of bounds and was then blown down the lake a considerable distance before managing to paddle their way back to the bay.

The cubs finally got off to sleep at about 11.30 under a star-filled sky. I was woken in my tent at 3am by the emerging dawn and some sort of animal walking around outside. From the sounds it was making it was either a deer or moose and not a bear so I went back to sleep.


And for my final cub camp picture, how about the best breakfast ever after a night under canvas? Freshly flipped pancakes, oodles of maple syrup and bacon (sorry, I ate the bacon before I took the picture).

No comments:

Followers