Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dino Las Vegas


So the question I'm sure you're all asking is - where did I eat in Vegas? Following last years successes, I thought I'd try some different restaurants this year.
Here are this years recommendations:
The chinese pork, prawn and wild mushroom wonton soup at Red 8 (The Wynn) - for a cosy late night light bite.
Incredible sushi and friendly service at Roku (Caesars Palace) courtesy of chef Haru (above).
Perfect steaks with brussel sprout, onion and belly pork sides and a decent wine list at Botero (Encore)- high end but the atmosphere and service are spot on.

Apologies for the post title but the last time I ate out this well was with the family during "Dine out Vancouver" weekend last month. We initially misheard it as "Dino Vancouver" and were a little confused and disappointed by the lack of dinosaurs around. Thankfully the food made up for this pretty quickly. This has since become a family in-joke which I am sharing with you.
As for the photo of the Encore, this turned out to be the view from my room. Although I was promised a room overlooking the golf course, I wasn't too upset as the entire golf course was in the shade most of the afternoon behind the massive shadow of our hotel. Note to self: book morning tee-off times in future.

No comments:

Followers