Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Taking it easy

I'm still struggling to get used to it, the whole un-busy thing. Starting work at 8 and finishing at 4 means I can still do stuff after work like go to the bank etc. The pace of work is pleasant too. I cover only one modality at a time plus a few plain films and there's plenty of time to look stuff up in books or on the net. It's a 10 minute drive to work or a 15 min cycle when the weather is nice and there is no traffic. Everyone is really friendly in the department and I although I am getting to know people, I still miss the folk in my old department. So what's different? I don't have my own office. "Hot-desking" at modality PACS workstations is fine provided your predecessor clears up after themselves. I haven't a designated secretary and typing is done at a remote site somewhere downtown but you know what? It still all works fine - just different. Oh yes, one more thing, people use the word "awesome" alot around here and it sort of sounds like "ossum".

No comments:

Followers